Vault Boy Gaming Fallout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vault Boy - Fallout Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JoeHeathcote Robot Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeHeathcote

JoeHeathcote

JoeHeathcote Robot Application Empty
PostSubject: JoeHeathcote Robot Application   JoeHeathcote Robot Application Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 pm

]Steam Name]: JoeHeathcote
]Steam ID]: STEAM_0:1:47979613

]Why do you wish to roleplay as a robot?]: I rarely see any robots playing, I know that there is one, maybe more but it's a sentry bot. I like the idea of being re-programmable, and sometimes going crazy, and can be reset without NLR so I can start all over. I also like the idea of having lots of armour, so that I don't die in 30 seconds as I usually do. I try and use laser guns but I need IC training, if I'm a robot, I can say hello to burning people with lasers.

]Why should you be trusted with a robot?]: I believe I should be trusted with robot because I have played the server for 2 weeks now so I am familiar with how the server works. I also play a Gecko which I have not messed around with, the same with my Crimson Caravan character. I hope in the future I will go on to become trusted by most people on the server, which is a good trait to have in online communities.

]You will not abuse any of this robot's abilities, do you understand?]: I do understand, I won't abuse my character, I'll make sure I play properly with the character and P2L with it when necessary.

]You will always be serious on this character, do you understand?]: I understand I will be serious with this character, I am a serious roleplayer and frankly am annoyed when people violate the rules.

]You are a robot, you will not suddenly show emotions, do you understand?]: Yep, I understand this. I will follow orders if programmed to, and will otherwise show no pity or regret etc.

]Provide a detailed fifteen line RP of your robot]: (I am #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3', FYI.)
-The Nuka-Cola factory door is hacked into, and opens. Pre-War, the factory was fitted with an alarm system, and accesses the security systems, signaling all Protectrons and turrets in the facility to log on.-
/me slowly turns on. It makes loud buzzing and bleeping noises, and the bulb on it's 'head' begins to glow...
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Logging in. Security Breach Mode... active. All Citizens evacuate. Repeat: All Citizens evacuate.
-The Cylinder in which the Protectron was placed opens, and the robot steps out, it's sensor module scanning for any heat signals in the area-
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Report: 0 heat signals detected. Activating: Agressive Mode. Protectron Number 397 now shooting on sight. All citizens evacuate.
-Two men enter through a maintenance door and enter the console room. The protectron picks up the heat signals and engages.-
/me picks up the heat signals, and attempts to engage the man wielding the Glock with it's built-in laser pistol.
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Heat signals detected. Preparing to enage. Repeat: Preparing to engage.
-The first man is struck by suprise, dropping his weapon and falling to the ground. He soon falls unconcious.-
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Enemy exterminated. Moving to next targets.
-The man attempts to fire two rounds from his chinese pistol into #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3's 'Head'.-
/me is struck twice in the head. His sensor module is glitchy, and it begins to fire uncontrollably.
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Sensor Module damaged. Troubleshooting damage, please wait...
-The man attempts to fire a round into the bulb on #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3's head.-
/me is struck again. The bulb, however, is unharmed. Only the glass has smashed.
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Error. Error. Error. Sensor Module failing. Activating self-destruct mode.
-A crack is heard before the Protectron begins to count down from ten.-
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Self-Destruct mode activated. All law abiding citizens evacuate. Ten... Nine...
-The man attempts to run for the door, but one of the shots that are being sprayed from the damaged Protectron hit his leg. The door closes as a dispatcher says: Lock Down Imminent. Please wait until a Factory Manager fixes the issues. Thankyou. A calm tune then begins to play.-
/me continues to count down until reaching one...
#00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' says: Self destruct imminent.
-The protectron explodes into a mix of energy, fire and shrapnel, which is fired in every direction.-
-The man is burnt by the energy, and a large piece of metal pierces his chest. It goes through and through, but is covered in blood on the other way out. It isn't long before the man dies from this wound.-

]Who is the 'Yes Man'?]: 'Yes Man' is an AI Securitron that serves as Benny's assistant. It was programmed by Benny's friend from Followers of the Apocalypse, a medical group set up in Freeside to 'make it a better place'. Yes man is a vital part of Benny's plan to take over New Vegas, and is programmed to tell anyone everything it knows on command. Yes Man was recovered by Benny after the Chairmen attacked it with a Pulse Grenade. It origionally worked for Mister House, the owner of New Vegas in 2280. (2281 if we're talking Fallout: New Vegas).

]Robot's Full Name]: #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3'

]Type of Robot]: Protectron, if you couldn't tell by the RolePlay.

]Physical Description]: | Thin Kevlar Base | 5'10 | 200 lbs | Intact Sensor Module | Scratched Armour | Nuka-Cola Branded | Built-In Laser Pistol | Cracked Bulb | Reinforced Limbs |

]Detailed Backstory]:
Along with four other Nuka-Cola security bots and over two-hundred factory-worker Protectrons, #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' was built Pre-War in a large Rob-Co Factory in California. Corners were cut with the making of the Protectron, meaning he has quite a few flaws, most noticable. It was not until a scavenger found him that he had many things wrong with him. For instance, his sensor module was a cracked one from creation, however RobCo at the time could not afford to simply replace it. A screw was lost in his leg so that he was unable to walk properly, his laser gun was in bad condition and often broke, and his 'strong kevlar plating' was flimsy. He was placed in the factory and worked for two months prior to the war, and was not used except in ability tests. The bombs soon went off, killing most of the humans working there. The rest had fled into the vaults.

In 2279, a scientist managed to finally open the doors of the factory and found the Protectrons by a wall-terminal. It took him a few days, but he managed to hack into the terminal and release all of the Protectrons. Bad idea. The wall turrets shot him down before the protectrons could even turn on- he didn't have a factory Identification Card. The doors stayed open for a week or two before a second man arrived. The wall turrets had gone back in, and the Protectrons had gone into sleep mode via programming. The scavenger was smart, the terminal had been hacked, so he could simply go on and shut down the securities programming. After replacing a few energy cells and tricking out #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3', he managed to get it working. He found an old file in a cupboard reading 'Programming A Protectron' By Micheal Bouckley. He searched through until he found the 'Follow' command, and quickly got to work. After saying follow, the two set out on their journey through the wasteland. Dog's aren't a boy's best friend- a badass laser shooting robot is a boy's best friend.

Arriving in the Mojave, the the Prospector and his trustworthy companion are ambushed by a squad of raiders. They didn't look too organized, or confident, seeing the 90KG Robot next to the Scavenger. They did open fire, however, killing the Prospector however barely damaging the Robot. They fled after seeing one or two lasers fired from it's hands. Re-programmed badly, #00397-Protectron-'Security_#3' still had the follow orders, and began to chase the Raiders. When they opened fire again, they were killed by the Robot. No suprise there, I guess. Later on, another man walked down Route 69 (Yes, i'm childish.) and found the Protectron. Still following orders, it followed him all the way to New Cicily.
The man found a skilled Engineer there, who reprogrammed the Robot to follow most voice orders on command. It was again tricked out by the Scientist however it's history wasn't known by the locals.

It know lives in New Cicily, often ordered to help protect against the odd raid, or clean out the RadRoaches if nobody else wants to. It's served as a companion, a bodyguard, security... what's next?

Last edited by JoeHeathcote on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delelsa

Delelsa

PostSubject: Re: JoeHeathcote Robot Application   JoeHeathcote Robot Application Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 pm

+ SUPPORT Backstory flows well and makes sense also Rp example is SW@G
Back to top Go down
JoeHeathcote

JoeHeathcote

PostSubject: Re: JoeHeathcote Robot Application   JoeHeathcote Robot Application Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:03 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
JoeHeathcote

JoeHeathcote

PostSubject: Re: JoeHeathcote Robot Application   JoeHeathcote Robot Application Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:42 am

BUMP again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JoeHeathcote Robot Application   JoeHeathcote Robot Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JoeHeathcote Robot Application
Page 1 of 1